Tuesday, May 15, 2012

mind dump

Recently I've had a whole lot to do, and blogging didn't make the list unfortunately.
Sorryboutthat.

I've recently become part of the stock team at Baby Gap.
My friend Jade and I unpack boxes, sip lattes, talk "50 Shades of Grey", and swoon over the cuteness of the incoming shipments.  Do you have any idea how tiny swimsuits for newborns are?!  I can honestly say that I've never had as much fun working as I have in the last few weeks.  I look forward to it.  I love the girls I work with.  I love the high-quality product we sell.  Going to work is like therapy for mommies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We signed Haven up for preschool.  She will be going to the same school that Luke and I both attended.  I am so excited for her.  She really craves time with other kids her age, and as a stay-at-home-mom I can't always provide that.  She has dance class once a week, Sunday school, and I take her to the play-place at the mall, but it just doesn't seem like enough.  So preschool should be great for her.  I originally wanted to do 3 days a week half day, but it was full so she'll actually be going 5 days a week for half the day.  I have no doubt that she's ready for it however, except for the occasional potty accident which we are working on and she's almost got mastered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It took me a few years to realize that I am a sensitive person.  I really care what people I love think about me.  I want peace in my life, and am unsettled until all conflicts are resolved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love this weather!!!!!!!!!  I love that we have porch furniture.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My birthday is coming up on May 26 and I will be 25 years old.  
That is very weird.
I have been thinking about what I would like.  I have a bad habit of putting things I need on my list rather than things I want, because I don't like spending our paychecks on things like saran wrap and water hoses.

Here's my list for this year:
-Shelving above laundry and in garage
-Landscaping
-Racquetball backpack with name embroidered
-Fence
-Barnes and Noble GC
-Ohana Steakhouse GC
-Homemakers GC
-World Market GC

Shelving for above our laundry and in the garage is a stupid birthday present, but if I don't ask for it I'm scared we'll never get it and MAMA NEEDS IT!

Our cute house is so adorable, but is lacking some serious landscaping.  That request is a little more fun, I mean, gardening is bound to be a hobby of mine in the next 20 years or so.

My husband actually bought me the racquetball bag for Mother's day, and I am waiting for it to arrive in the mail.  I am so very excited about this.  I have had a hand-me-down bag that has a broken handle for a few years.  Did you guys know that we play racquetball?  We do.  Luke and I both played for the Iowa State racquetball club.  It was so much fun.  We met most of our best friends from college through club racquetball.  We went to lots of tournaments and had the time of our lives.  Racquetball tournaments sound ultimately nerdy, I know.  Before I went to my first one I was really hesitant.  They are a blast.  I encourage any husband/wife to get involved in racquetball and enter a tournament as a doubles team.  It is really fun!  We'll show you how to play if you want!  Email me if you're interested.  
Sorry, got a little carried away.

Our backyard desperately needs fenced in so that our girls can play back there without our constant supervision.  The yard backs up to an alleyway that cars drive through, and it's just too dangerous for the girls to be out there for one second without us.  

So if anybody needs an idea as to what I want for my birthday, there ya go.  Go crazy. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last thought.

Nap time is far too short.  

Gotta go, baby crying.

2 comments:

MrsBitterSweet said...

I dont remember how I got directed to your blog but I enjoy reading the every day rant. My mind is the same way, here and there, and every where but where I want it. Seventy thoughts in 2 seconds.... Good luck with the shelves, Ive been asking for them since Christmas

Courtney said...

Did you maybe hear about my blog through a pregnancy forum? I was on one of those a little over a year ago.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio