Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Training: Weeks 2 & 3

I was originally going to update about my 5k training weekly but then I realized that there's not a whole lot to talk about. I'm just running in intervals and it's getting progressively longer and harder. I will however try to update every couple weeks.

Week 2: After a particularly hot run at the track I decided to listen to my sister's advice and try running through my neighborhood under the shade of the big beautiful trees. I really enjoy doing this because not only is it more comfortable, but I'm getting more of a road-race feel doing it this way. I've also been enjoying exploring my neighborhood. It is very beautiful. As with most small towns there isn't continuity from one house to the next. There might be a large, beautiful house next to a tiny little shack next to a historic home next to new construction. There aren't rules like in some of the newer neighborhoods. It's fun for somebody like me who really enjoys real estate to snoop around in this way. Here are a few of the homes I get to run by:








Week 3: I was really getting into the swing of things and then I got sick for about 2-3 days. I missed a run because there was just no way that I could do it in the state I was in. I was all ready to do a make-up run on a day that I don't normally run and all of the sudden a huge storm hit. It looked like a hurricane outside my window. When everything was said and done many trees had been knocked down, broken in half, and destroyed. Everybody was out cleaning their lawns. Our neighborhood was cluttered with tree debris. I finally was able to run after the storm and it was interesting running around and seeing all of the damage. It was fun to run through. Here are a few pics I snapped of the damage:











I can tell that my body is getting used to this training. I feel ready each time that I run. The runs aren't intimidating. And if you can believe it I actually look forward to them. It's a little time to myself to just be alone and listen to music. It's very therapeutic. I hope that I'm saying the same thing the next time that I post.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio