Wednesday, June 23, 2010

5 Year

Sadly these are the only pics taken from my reunion.  A shout out to b.a. for helping me with this outfit!!

On Saturday, I went to my 5 year class reunion.  5 years!  Can you believe it?!
I've been out of high school longer than I was in - that's nuts.
It was a great time.  We met at a classmate's house, where we grilled hot dogs, munched on fruit and chips, and hung around the pool.  
Luke and Haven came with me so they could meet all of my old friends. 
(Not that Luke didn't already know them.)
And of course, Haven was a charmer and everybody Oohed and Ahhed over her. 
That's my girl!

It was so much fun catching up with everybody.  
I am one of a few who are married and one of only two with a child.  So that ended up being a trending topic, and I picked up a new nickname among friends - "Mama."

I think one of the most bizarre things about seeing all of my high school friends "grown up" is that we're all having to get serious and get jobs and careers and families.  
One friend of mine is a police officer, another a labor and delivery nurse, another has a year left in the Air Force and then wants to go into law enforcement, and then there's me who is a stay at home mom with an almost two-year-old!  Mind boggling, simply mind boggling.

A LOT can change in 5 years.

To my DMC class of '05.  I love you guys.  Let's hang again soon!

1 comments:

Nichole said...

You think you feel old...my 10 year reunion is this weekend! EEK!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio