Friday, April 8, 2011

it's all about Haven


As the time continues to tick until our new little baby arrives (T minus 2 days til induction day!!) I feel my time with my only child slipping away.  My beautiful, sweet, little baby is now going to be the big sister and not the sole focus of my attention.  

Haven is so special and she deserves to have my full attention, so in a way I almost feel guilty about what's to come.  I don't want her to feel replaced and I don't want her to feel less special.  

I've been trying my absolute hardest to show her extra attention.  
Color with her when she asks.  
Not get mad at her when she's being naughty.  
Answer her repetitive questions.
Buying her little surprises: a cheap coloring book, "Tangled" for her big sister present, a little more candy than I would normally allow.  
We've been taking her to the track with us and letting her ride her bike around like a race track. 
She loves the orange cones, which she calls "ice cream cones."
She came with us to the driving range and we played on these thingies... shoe cleaners I think?

Anyway, I know she'll be fine.  She is so sweet and caring.  And she'll love being a big sister.  And I think she'll be really protective of her little sis.

She's still my sweetie face Haven Grace. 







And I love her so much.


2 comments:

Nichole said...

I have been struggling with this same thing! I know that I will love our baby boy just as much as we love Havee, but it is hard to imagine! Plus, I know that it will be really good for Haven to have siblings, but I can't help but feel the same way...like she is being replaced! We mothers make ourselves crazy, don't we!?!?!?!

Courtney said...

It's good to know I'm not the only one! I just can't even imagine loving another baby as much as Haven even though I know we will. But the last thing I want is for Haven to feel hurt or replaced. So yeah, it's just bothering me.

How have you been feeling? Do you feel like you'll have this baby any time soon?

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio