Monday, April 4, 2011

overdue.



My due date (4/2) came and went, and here I am still pregnant.

I had my 40 week doctor appointment this morning and it was a bit of a bummer.  I had my now weekly cervix check and haven't dilated anymore since my L&D trip last week.  
We finally had the induction talk.  My doctor induces once you hit 41 weeks, but not before that.  And hospitals don't do elective inductions, so we wait until I hit 41 weeks.... which isn't until next Saturday.  And hospitals don't do inductions on the weekends, so we wait again until Monday.  
If I make it to my induction I will be 9 days overdue.  That's ridiculous!
I never even thought I would go overdue since I went nice and early with Haven, 
let alone 9 days.  Ah!

I just have to keep thinking that I could always go into labor on my own before then.  OR if I'm really lucky, my water could break - that's the easiest in my opinion.  Water breaks, there's no contraction timing, no doubts, you just go into the hospital and have the baby!

Anyway, keep me and Baby Yellow in your prayers guys.  
Mommy is uncomfortable and Baby is too comfortable.

7 comments:

Bootsy said...

April 5th sounds like a good birthday! Maybe your checkup will make things progress... Thinking of you and Yellow!

Candice said...

I, too, thought that I would deliver my second child early, since my son was 3 weeks early. But that date came and went and our baby girl showed no signs of wanting to leave the home I was (uncomfortably) providing her.

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and keep my fingers crossed that Baby Yellow will arrive before you have to be induced!!

Nichole said...

I don't envy you! I hope you go naturally! I agree with the water breaking thing....I was terrified of my water breaking when I was pregnant with Haven, but with this one that is what I would prefer as well. I have had so many contractions that I feel like I won't know when it is real or not! Prayers headed your way! Who knows, maybe our babies will share a birthday! :) Where do you deliver?

Courtney said...

Sarah - I think April 5th sounds good too. Wish I had some control over it! I've been trying every self-induction technique known to man.

Nichole - I've had a lot of aches and pains and occasional contractions as well. And since my water broke the first time, I'm scared I won't know true labor when it hits me. That would be crazy if our babies shared a due date. I would be pretty miserable if I had to wait that long I think. :)

Courtney said...

Oh, and I deliver at Methodist downtown. You?

Becca Ites said...

Tell that little stinker to get out here. I would very much like to meet her and Haven! You should have Haven tell her to get out, its much better out here! :)
I hope you are feeling as comfortable as possible and we will be praying for you and Baby Yellow!
-Becca

Courtney said...

I do tell Haven to tell her to come out! haha, that's funny. I was thinking, maybe her sister can persuade her...but I guess not. :-/

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio