Sunday, October 27, 2013

Training: Weeks 6-8

I am officially a Couch-to-5k graduate!!

The last three weeks flew by.  My body became used to running and it wasn't even something I was apprehensive about by the end.  It became part of life.  Something I'm used to.  Who would have ever thought I would say that about running?  "Yeah, I can go out and run three miles regularly and it's not really a big deal.  I'm not even that tired when I finish."  I have a new respect for putting in training.  It takes dedication and time and effort, but if you do it the way you should you will always be ready for the next step.

Near the end of my training when I was running 2-3 miles every time I started realizing that I am not ready to move onto 10k training as of now.  3 miles is a nice distance, and as of right now I don't feel the need to go farther.  Another part of it is that I live in a small town and I feel like I have explored every crevice of it.  I'm getting a little bored of running the same streets over and over.  I started to listen to a book on tape while I was running - "Divergent".  That made my runs a little more interesting, but I still have no desire to go farther.  

I'm really looking forward to running my first race on November 3rd.  It will be so fun to see all of my work put into action.  I have been waiting 8 weeks to be ready for this, so it is really exciting to know I am ready for it.  Also, I am looking forward to running with other people instead of all by my lonesome.  

You may or may not know that I am a racquetball player.  Luke and I do a few tournaments a year and they are SO FUN.  Make fun all you want, but it is a blast.  I didn't realize until after I registered and paid for my 5k that our favorite tournament is the same weekend.  So I will be playing a racquetball tournament on Friday and Saturday, followed by my first 5k on Sunday morning, and if I'm still in it more racquetball after the 5k.  A very athletic weekend.  I am bound to be very sore.   

Wish me luck!

1 comments:

vural said...

canlı sex hattı
heets
https://cfimi.com/
salt likit
salt likit
VESTR0

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio