Wednesday, January 5, 2011

3 Years



Today is my 3 year anniversary.
3 YEARS!!

Wasn't I just in high school?  How is this possible?

Anyway, it is, and I couldn't be happier.  3 years (so far) with my best friend, and working on baby #2.  We decided we're going to try for another 77 years. After all, you don't hear about people being married for 80 years very often!

Officer L has a job that often takes him away from important events.  So today, we are apart.  
We decided to exchange gifts this morning before he left for work and I am really feeling outdone...
I got him this for us to play together:



And this:



A 16GB Flash drive.


I know, totally not romantic.  But I knew he really wanted the flash drive, and I thought if I got him something we could do together that would be nice.  Because, let's face it, I don't play any of our other games with him.


So, I thought I did pretty good, until he whipped out these bad boys:



That's right.  Beats by Dr. Dre.
If you don't know what they are, they're just the best headphones made.  Period.  I've always thought they were really cool, but never thought I'd actually own some.  
Officer L really racked up some cool points with that gift.

And since we can't spend today together, he informed me that on Friday, we will not only be having dinner at our favorite restaurant, but staying at a hotel afterwards.  Babysitter all lined up!  What a fantastic man I'm married to. 

4 comments:

~Shy~ said...

Happy 3 years! In March, it'll be me and Dylan's 3 years together as a dating couple. That's just crazy! And yeah, it does seem like we were just in high school, doesn't it? Man, where has the time run off to?

Courtney said...

Thanks Shiloh! That's awesome. January (20-something) marks Luke and I being together for 10 years. Nuts, huh? And seriously, on one hand high school seems like yesterday, but when I think about all that has happened since then I realize how long ago it really was.

Cassandra Rathjen said...

Congratulations! Shawn and I will be celebrating our third year of marriage on the 31st this month, 5 years as a couple all together. We have Donkey Kong Country Returns and oh holy cow that game is the most addictive thing I've ever played. Shawn and I have a blast, and I think if you were looking for a good game to play with your honey that you picked a good one. I'm not sure what Shawn and I have lined up for our Anniversary since I will be working that day, but knowing Shawn it will be a blast.

So Congratulations, Mrs. Harden, on both the success of your marriage and your second beautiful daughter on the way. I hope the rest of your life shapes out to be exactly what you want it to be and more.

Courtney said...

Thanks Cassie! That's really sweet. Happy almost anniversary to you too!

I couldn't help but think of you when I found out we're going to Ohana's! :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio