Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Baby Wants

Since "Baby Yellow" (as Haven has affectionately nicknamed her) is officially a girl, there aren't that many things I will need to buy to accommodate her.  But there are a few odds and ends that I wouldn't mind if they dropped on my doorstep. ;)

Item #1.  
The first thing I know I want is a double stroller.  
I love my mall outings with Haven and that would just be impossible without a double stroller in a few months.  There are many options when it comes to double strollers, but the one that keeps catching my eye is the 
Graco Quattro Tour Duo Stroller.

I know I'm a nerdy mom (I was already told so by a certain two friends of mine...), but check out all the cup-holders and the storage underneath!  Big sister Haven can sit up big and tall in front and little Baby Yellow can snooze in back.  And it's a pretty color.

The only problem is, I have a different brand carseat from when Haven was born and I might need to buy a Graco carseat as well if I want it to attach... Ugh.

BUT when I looked into the stroller that is compatible with my carseat (see above), I saw that the pricetag is close to $1000!  It would be less expensive (by almost $700) for me to buy the Graco stroller AND the compatible carseat AND the carseat base for the car than to buy that one stroller.  SHEESH!  And the reviews for that stroller aren't even that good.  
Needless to say, I'm not sold.

Item #2.

A new diaper bag.  
I loved my old diaper bag, and it was a gift from my bestie.  But after a couple years of wear-n-tear I think I need a new one.  I found the coolest brand of diaper bags - Ju-Ju-Be!  


I'm pretty sure I want this color, called "Shadow Waltz."  I didn't get very many girly things when I had Haven since we didn't find out the sex with her, so I am drawn to the pink lining.
And here's the inside:

So cool!!


Item #3.
A co-sleeper bassinet.
As a nursing mommy, I know how difficult the middle-of-the-night feedings can be - absolutely exhausting.  With Haven I just got a pack-n-play that doubled as a bassinet.  Not only did it seem like the "mattress" was incredibly hard and uncomfortable, but I had to climb out of bed every time Haven needed to eat.  It doesn't sound like that big of deal, but getting out of bed multiple times during the night seems almost devastating when it's actually happening - not to mention the hormonal rollercoaster you're already experiencing after giving birth.  Yuck.
All that to say, I heard about these great little inventions called co-sleeper bassinets.


It's made to line up flush with the side of your bed, so that when little one wakes up all I have to do is roll over and grab her - never once getting out of bed.  Woohoo!

There it is, my list of wants.  I guess we'll see if my dreams come true. ;)



4 comments:

Katie Chiaramonte said...

I just got a new joovy sit and stand for Christmas and can't wait to use it. The traditional double stroller was just too heavy for my back and putting roman in and out was getting to be a real drag. We have a great bassinet for Leilah too. The basket comes off so we can move her from room to room while she sleeps. What a lifesaver!

Courtney said...

Ohhhh, Katie, what kind of bassinet is it??

Nichole said...

I have also been obsessing over strollers and diaper bags! I got a new diaper bag from Adam for Christmas so I am set there....but the two strollers I am looking at are the Bumbleride Indie twin and the Valco Trimode twin. I am leaning toward the bumbleride. I like it because it can also be used as a jogger but is still narrow enough to fit through doors. It is also compatible with many carseats. Good luck and let me know what you get! :)

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh, Nicole, I'm so glad you told me about that! My carseat is actually compatible with that bumbleride stroller! I have a peg perego carseat and it seems like it's pretty exclusive when it comes to compatibility - so that's way exciting! I guess I need to do some more research. Only problem being, the bumbleride is much more expensive than the graco one. :-/

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio