Monday, May 16, 2011

movies i love

There are some movies that are just so good that they never get old.
There are movies that are therapeutic and help you get through hard times.
There are some that make you remember your first love.
And some are just an amazing story that you fall in love with.

Here are some of my favorites and reasons why they made my list.  I probably could have come up with a much bigger list, but I only wanted to put movies that really strike a cord with me.



#1 The Twilight Series


Yes, I know.  You're thinking "stereotypical."  But it's true.  I could watch these movies all day, every day.  I love love love them.  Why do I love them?  I think the idea of remembering your first love is intoxicating.  You remember those feelings of "I can't live without him" and the hormones take over.  Bella is a very typical girl and somebody she considers out of her league falls deeply in love with her.  He is beautiful and of course a vampire.  Stephenie Meyer, the author, did something right.  Girls (and some guys) across the world relate to these characters so well that it has become an international phenomenon.

#2 Titanic


What IS it about this movie?!  This is another one of those movies I could watch about once a week for the rest of my life.  Although this one has a sad ending, the love story is so enticing.  But besides that, I love the outfits, the movie sets, the story line with the old lady telling the story of what happened to her personally.  Just a great movie.  Hands down, one of the best movies of all time.

#3  Harry Potter Series



These movies are magical, literally.  I love everything from the plot to the music to the characters to the sets.  I've read all the books - starting many years ago.  (I was still in high school.)  It's so awesome that there are so many movies and I think every single one gets better, so there's constantly something to look forward to.   My sister and I visited The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando back in August and it was seriously one of the coolest days of my life.  I joked that it rivaled my wedding day.  If you are a HP fan, you MUST go! 

#4 The Notebook


So sweet.  Seriously.  I love the time period.  I love the love story.  I love the innocence of them falling in love.  I HATE when they fight and lose each other.  But I LOVE when they find each other again.  It's perfect.  SO perfect.  I am kind of weird and actually have a hard time watching the sad parts in this movie.  I have seen it so many times that I just kind of skip around to my favorite parts.  And did I mention sexy?


#5 The Count of Monte Cristo


There's a funny story behind this movie.  This is one of the first movies I saw in theaters with my husband.  He really wanted to see it and I was kind of like "ehhhhh...", but I was a good sport and saw it anyway.  Talk about a surprise.  Easily one of the best movies EVER.  If you haven't seen this one, you definitely should.  I remember telling my mom how good it was, and it took her a while to actually sit down and watch it.  But now she loves it so much, she's always telling people to see it.  I don't want to give anything away about the plot... so just watch it and thank me later. 


I actually had a few more on my list, "Shawshank Redemption" and "I am Legend."  But I think this list is pretty perfect how it is.  So I'm not gonna mess with it.

There they are.  Movies I really love.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think "tribute to Star Wars" part of your post somehow got deleted. Good list though... for a girl. :0]

~Luke

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio