Wednesday, May 11, 2011

one month.

One month ago Parker Nicole entered this world.
In a way it seems like yesterday and this was the fastest month in history, but it also seems like forever ago that we packed up and headed to the hospital to begin the induction.
When babies are so little every single second of their life is so precious.  Every single second they see something new and learn something they didn't know before.  They're like a little sponge, literally soaking up every instance.

So, one month later here is my take on being a mother of two.  Obviously it is challenging and you are pulled in many directions.  But if you just breathe and take it one step at a time it is doable.  It is definitely more time-consuming, that is for sure (getting ready for church in the morning is a chore!).  But I also feel like as a second time mom I just was more prepared.  The new baby thing didn't frighten me.  I knew what to expect for the most part.

I've heard people say that the adjustment from one kid to two kids is the biggest, but in my opinion the adjustment from zero to one kid is the biggest adjustment.  You feel like your freedom has been snatched.  You almost feel resentment at times towards this precious little baby.  But at the same time you wouldn't give it up for anything in the entire world.  The second time around you know what's coming.  You say, "Bring it on!"  And you welcome the challenge with open arms.  I love my girls so much.  
The sacrifice is worth it.  
The sleeplessness is no big deal.
The crying fits don't bother me as much.
My girls are worth it.



1 comments:

Bootsy said...

I agree. All worth it! I don't even complain about being tired anymore (well, maybe a little) I'm to busy enjoying my family to complain!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio