Saturday, January 7, 2012

a needed break

Today I got stressed.
It happened so fast I didn't know I was stressed until I was at a breaking point.
It was one of those hard days as a mother where your kids don't listen and don't fall asleep for their naps, 
and then don't listen some more because they missed said nap.
I was sitting in the kitchen trying to make some phone calls and Haven was being loud, and all the sudden I couldn't deal with it anymore and just ran upstairs so I could sit by myself for a second.

Luke, being the awesome hubby that he is, told me he was going to take the girls for two hours, and in that two hours I was going to work out on the elliptical, take a shower, and just calm the heck down.  At first I was resistant.  Why?  I don't know, I was stressed.

But I got my workout clothes and running shoes on, turned on a movie, and hopped on the elliptical.  After my workout was over I watched a little bit more of the movie on the couch, and then headed upstairs and took a nice long shower.

After my shower I called my hubby and he said to walk* over and have some dinner.  I ate a nice bowl of soup, some sweet potato fries, and ended with some dark chocolate reese's peanut butter cups.

The moral of my story is this, 
get yourself a spouse that recognizes when you need a break.
I wasn't being nice.  I was being a bad mommy and wife at the time.
But instead of getting mad at me, my hubs knew what I needed.  
Just a little bit of time to myself after catering to the needs of two little girls all day and night.  

Love my hubby.  Happy 4 years!!

*We live across the street from my in-laws, so I walked over there for dinner. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So true!!! On all accounts!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio