Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Staff Writer!



(Thats right.  Not Courtney)
   






     


        Here at the ever-popular MLAM site, our Chief editor was kind enough to let yours truly come aboard and post the occasional blog as an additional staff writer.  So expect an incredible blog from me 3.. maybe even 4 times a year. 
        Fortunately, my profile is already done somewhere over...     -----here------->
So this introduction should be easy.  Depending on the family member, I go by Luke, Daddy or Dada.  I also go by Lukey, Lukey-Baby and Little-Miss-Luke, but I might explain that in another post and doesn't make me sound very manly at all.*  I have two awesome little girls, a sweet gig that counts as a job, a best friend that counts as a wife and a perfect God who gave me it all.                                                                               *I'm really manly
         I met Courtney when she was just a puneball* back near the turn of the century when she was in middle school.  We have now known each other for about 12 years.  She's a great great mom as you may have seen for yourself and does most of the heavy lifting while I go to 'work' every day.  And thank goodness too, because a mommy I am not.  Mommies have this special ability to change a baby's diaper with one hand, balance a screaming toddler with the other all while texting daddy and reminding him to pick up bread on the way home because she knows he already forgot.  A couple days ago she sent me to the store to get milk and some dinner rolls; I forgot the milk and got the wrong dinner rolls.  Another really cool ability of moms; you can ask them where any of your stuff is that you can't find in the house and they will know without hesitation where it is.  You can even test this.  Move something when they leave the room.  Hide something when they're not even home.  They are impossible to stump.  My mom always had this uncanny ability and now through the power of childbirth, Courtney can do the same.  All this to say, however, that mom's are incredible.  And if you have one in your life you should be extremely thankful.
*[pyoon-bawl] noun:  1. Small adolescents that should be pitied and avoided, since they are experiencing the most terrible and awkward period of their pre-pubescent lives. AKA twirp; squirt  2. Anyone shorter than me I want to threaten.

Puneball Luke & Courtney
=====
This is dad, and I have a life too.

1 comments:

Shell said...

I happen to know the Little Miss Luke story. I'll look forward to your rare guest appearances. Wanna know what the very hardest thing for moms to teach their children is? Well, I'll tell you. How to look for lost items. It takes something like 20 years for a child to learn how to find something. I don't quite know why this is, but kids simply cannot get the hang of actually looking everywhere for something they've lost. I believe this somehow ties in with a mother's uncanny ability to know where everything in the house is.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio