Friday, January 6, 2012

whirlwind

Oh my word,
has this been a crazy couple of weeks.
I'm not exactly sure what I expected since we decided to move four days before Christmas,
and then host a Christmas eve party,
and then get sick, twice,
and then attend a cousin's wedding,
and then hang with visiting cousins for a week.

We haven't been able to watch any tv,
and our internet has been spotty,
and I have barely even missed it because I have barely had a chance to catch my breath.

Our house is wonderful.
I'm finally getting somewhere in the whole "getting settled" department.
I've had multiple people ask me if i feel settled in the new house yet,
and I keep thinking, "you've got to be kidding me.  not at all!"
I really thought packing was going to be the hard part, and I mean it was hard,
but unpacking isn't much easier.
houses are just different and so i have to find a new spot for each and every thing.
some things are easy - dish-washing detergent goes under the sink,
but what about the old vase filled with blue rocks that our dead fish Red used to live in.  Huh?  Any ideas?  yeah, exactly.  

I have a whole bunch of decor sitting around that needs to be put somewhere,
but as of right now i don't have a lot of the furniture I need (which is why I'm sitting on the living room floor typing this), and putting up decor without furniture just seems out of order.  

As for living in a small town, I think I am getting a little more used to it.
At first I had a small moment of panic.  "Oh no, what did I get myself into?  I've always lived in the "big" city."  But I still work in the "big" city, so I've been getting my city fix and then I get to come home to quiet, small town living.  It's a nice mix.

More updates later, I'm sooo sleepy.  I need to catch up I think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio