Friday, February 24, 2012

girl on a mission

If you're friends with me on Facebook you're probably thinking, 
"Seriously, would you give it a rest?"
But no, I can't.  I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!

On January 20th, I began Weight Watchers.  I've really needed something to whip me into shape for the last few years.  When I was pregnant with Haven I gained 50+ pounds and that is so not easy on the body.  It's something I just never even thought about in my pre-pregnancy days.  I never would have known that pregnancy ravages your body.  I didn't know that stretch marks and loose skin were in my future.  I think if everybody knew that their body would be ruined they wouldn't be so excited to get pregnant and have their first child.  That sounds so bad, but I hear so many young girls talking about how excited they are to have kids and that they want to get married and have them right away.  As much as I love my children, I just want to scream to them, "ENJOY YOUR YOUTH AND THAT SKINNY, FLAWLESS BODY THAT YOU'RE NEVER GETTING BACK!"  Ok, that may be a little dramatic, but it seems true at times.  

Oops, sidetracked.

After almost 6 weeks of dieting and exercise I am down about 20 pounds!  I am so absolutely excited about it and never thought I could do it.  I mentioned before that I have one of my best friends weddings coming up, so that's some really good motivation.  Who wants to be immortalized in pictures as the fat bridesmaid?  Certainly not me.  

I've actually had quite a few people tell me that they can see a difference in me.  That's when I know I am actually doing something.  Somebody ELSE noticed without me mentioning my diet or anything.  There is no greater compliment.  Seriously, nothing.

Yesterday my (new) jeans were starting to get really baggy so I decided to wash them and a couple other pairs so they would hopefully shrink, and so I could hold off on buying MORE new pairs.  (This weight loss thing is a real burden on my wallet!  wink!)  In the meantime I needed to run to the store for a couple ingredients for dinner.  I had just started washing my pants when I realized I needed to leave the house, so I started digging through my drawers for something to throw on.  I came across my pre-pregnancy jeans, and wondered if they could possibly fit.  I knew I had lost weight, but I was a little skeptical as they haven't fit me in almost 4 years.  I tried on the bigger of the two pairs and wasn't entirely surprised that those fit because they were just a little bit tight before.  So I took another risk and tried on the smaller of the two pairs and those fit too!!!  I couldn't believe it.  And they weren't even skin tight - I might even say they were loose.  I am wearing them right now and am just reveling in my accomplishment.  I, Courtney, lost that much weight, and am still going strong and am going to lose even more.  If there's one thing that can make you stick to your diet, it's confidence boosters like the ones I've been receiving lately.  

If I have one piece of advice to people, it's TELL PEOPLE if you notice them losing weight.  I had one of my managers tell me she noticed that I'd lost weight but didn't want to say anything at first because it would be like saying that I used to be fat.  I don't think of it that way at all.  It's a big pat on the back, and great motivation to keep up the good work.  

P.S.  If I keep posting about weight loss, just bear with me.  I am excited.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

As someone who lost a lot of weight, I can honestly say I'm proud of u! Its no easy task and ur right things like fitting in ur "skinny clothes" and comments from people are the best motivations! Keep up the good work!

Courtney said...

Thank you! I feel proud of me too. Way to go on your weight loss as well!

Becca Ites said...

This is awesome!!! I love reading things like this because it seriously gives me motivation to continue with my weight loss goals.

Yay!!!

-Becca

Hanz, Fashionista Era Design said...

your family pictures are so adorable!! just came across your blog..really nice

Dont miss my HARVEY PRINCE PERFUME Worldwide giveaway :)
http://fashionistaera.blogspot.com/2012/02/harvey-prince-perfume-worldwide.html

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio