Sunday, February 12, 2012

midnight


Twilight Edition.

Friday night around 8:20 p.m., I left my house to go and pick up my sister.
We went to our local Target to attend the midnight "Breaking Dawn part 1" DVD release.  They had it set up so that you could pick up a ticket at 9 p.m. that would guarantee a DVD to that person.  Then at 11 p.m. they were going to show a clip from "Breaking Dawn part 2" which is going to be released on November 16, 2012.  (This was particularly exciting for me as there haven't been any scenes released yet.  Also, they announced that day that the trailer for "Breaking Dawn part 2" is going to be revealed as a preview at "The Hunger Games" - another movie I'm stoked to see!)  And finally at midnight they would give out the DVD's.  

Chels and I thought it would be total madness at Target.  We got there a little early and saw about 5 people standing in line for tickets.  We got in line and in the next 10 minutes or so there was a line of around 20 people behind us.  There were a few options as to which DVD you could purchase and you picked a ticket with the corresponding color.  I picked the Limited Collector's Edition that came with a flower from the wedding scene encased in this cool plaque.  How cool is that?  A little piece of the movie is mine!  Bwahaha.

After that there was 2 hours until the next "event".  Chels and I realized this was an evil ploy by Target to get you to spend money in their store.  We just wandered around Target for a couple hours, finding things to buy in the meantime.  I ended up with a scarf, three bracelets, a dry erase board, a bottle of nail polish for Haven, and a bag of Quakes* because I got hungry walking around aimlessly for so long.  

Finally at 11, they set up the TV's in the electronics section with the video.  It had flashbacks to the other movies, a little bit of behind the scenes from the new movie, and then finally a short clip from "Breaking Dawn part 2".  It was really exciting to see Bella as a vampire after all this time.  They really made her look beautiful.

At that point there was a little less than an hour until the DVD's would be given out.  I never stay up that late.  My daughters get me up early so I'm usually in bed around 10.  At a little after 11, I was seriously dragging.  We went back to where the line for the DVD's was set up, sat on the floor, played with our phones, ate our snacks, and chatted for close to an hour.  After hours of aimless Target wandering, they started handing out the DVD's.  Hallelujah!

We were only a few back from the start of the line of about 100 or so.  We got our movies, payed for them, got in the car, and headed home.  
I was in bed around 12:40.

The next morning (yesterday) I watched all of the special features including a really cool documentary on the making of the movie.  It was awesome to see how they made Bella look so thin and haggard during her pregnancy.  They really did an amazing job.  I have a new respect for the people who make the wolves look so real - even if it was my least favorite part of the movie, they did an excellent job making it look real.

Overall it was a fun night, but they probably could've condense it into two hours instead of four.  And hey, it was worth it!  I got my long-awaited movie.

Chels and I - soooo happy to have our movie and go home.








*If you're on a diet, Quakes are these delicious rice cakes that come in lots of different flavors.  I like the cheddar cheese ones.  They are really good and the serving size is pretty big comparatively to other baked chips.  Not to say these aren't good for people that aren't dieting.  I would eat them on or off a diet.


 

1 comments:

~Shy~ said...

I love Quakes. The caramel corn ones are pretty good as well, but I think my 2 favorite is the Cheddar and Ranch. Mmm....now I want some....

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio