Wednesday, October 5, 2011

100/three days in

i've reached a little blogging milestone.  
this is my 100th post!
kind of exciting, thought I'd share. :)
now, back to business as usual.

i am now on day 3 of my mayo clinic diet.
as i said before, it's been a lot of eggs and grapefruit.
also salad and coffee.
it's actually a very funny little diet.
very 70's.
i was given the information about the diet from my grandma
 who had gotten it from her mom, my great-grandma.
it was typed out (with a typewriter),
giving daily instructions on breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
and was ended with little "tips".
ya hear that?  no candy!
haha, made me laugh.



the first full day of the diet was pretty easy.
but the first day is always the easiest for me.
i usually still have some of the naughty food
in my tummy from the night before.
my cravings are pretty much quenched at that point.
second day starts out pretty easy,
but by the end of the second day i really need me some sugar or carbs.
one thing that has helped is this diet allows diet pop.
i have found diet cherry coke to be so much
more delicious than plain diet coke.
and really tastes good when everything else is so bland and monotonous.
i'm not usually a fan of diet pop,
but it's pretty much the only "indulgence" i'm allowed.
so i'm going to drink it whilst on this diet.

the first two days of the diet,
i had pretty much the same thing for all three meals:
eggs, grapefruit, tomatoes, salad.

but last night i was allowed a steak!
oh man, was it delectable.
i chewed every bite so slowly, and savored every flavor.
it's funny how when you're on a diet you 
don't take any deliciousness for granted.
it was marvelous.

tonight i get baked fish.
hopefully i can make that totally delicious.
any ideas? seasonings? suggestions?
would love a little help from some experienced cooks.
or i'll just use my friends google and youtube.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I coat the fish (usually salmon or tilapia) in lemon juice, and then put a little salt and pepper on it, make a "pouch" out of tin foil and bake it. If your fish is frozen, make sure you defrost it completely before you bake it, otherwise the oven will dry it out. I usually bake mine with some veggies in the pouch also. :)

Sydney

Courtney said...

What temperature do you set the oven to, and how long do you cook for?

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry, should have said that. 375 and about 30 mins. I check the fish after about 25 mins though, everyone's oven runs differently. Just take a fork and make sure it pulls apart easily in the center and is white. :) The recipe on your Facebook is actually really close to the one I use. I'm just not big on garlic, so I skip that part.

Courtney said...

That is funny! I used your recipe/the one I posted on my facebook and it is in the oven as I type this. I'll post later about how it was. :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio