Sunday, October 2, 2011

the calm before the storm

Tomorrow starts the big, bad diet.
Luke has graciously* agreed to join me in the Mayo Clinic Diet.
Supposedly if you follow it to a T you will lose 10 pounds in a week, 
and I have a wedding to attend next weekend so I am crossing my fingers that it works.

Something about the specific combination of foods 
on the diet makes the weight come off.
I guess it's a lot of hard-boiled eggs and grapefruits (among other things).  
But mostly just those two.

It's pretty funny actually.  
I have had a few family members do this diet before 
and they all say it works, but it is hard.  
My aunt even said to me, "I sure hope you like those eggs."
But I don't care - if I can't do something like this for a week then I am a sad human being.
C'mon, I mean, the menu even says I can have diet pop, 
so I shouldn't be feeling that deprived.

So tonight during Financial Peace University** (which I HIGHLY recommend) I had a naughty snack.

And after class we headed to the Cheesecake Factory 
to meet my mom and sister,
where I indulged in a carb-loaded, creamy pasta dish, 
followed by a heavenly piece of cheesecake.

This was very strategically planned 
as I knew I would feel deprived for the next week.
After dinner I headed to the grocery store 
and stocked up on our meal plan for the next week.
I will try and update a few times during the week, 
and let you guys know how it's going.
Hopefully I can fit in a workout or two so I can really get all of the benefits that this diet has to offer.
Every time I am lusting after some sugar I'll blog it up.  Sounds like a plan.
Here's to a successful week!


*I say graciously because Luke is fit as a fiddle and could probably stand to gain a few pounds.  But he's being a rockstar husband and joining me in this diet for support and accountability.  Oh well, we'll both be healthier.
**It's a 13 week financial class that is so awesome.  I am so glad we are doing it.  If you hear about a Dave Ramsey class near you, TAKE IT!!

4 comments:

LH said...

Saweeet post CK. Its 3am and i'm off to the store to get your bacon!

LH said...

...hopefully its less eventful than your trip there.

Courtney said...

The time-stamp doesn't lie, Lukey. It was 2:27! ;)

LH said...

The time-stamp doesn't lie unless it was actually eastern standard time. Just like I know you would never be out of bed at 8:44AM. :0]

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio