Thursday, December 15, 2011

finishing touches

I had to drop off the hardware for our cabinetry at the house yesterday,
so while I was there I snapped a few more pictures.
At this point in the building process there is something new to see 
every time I go out there.
There were painters doing touch-ups, 
and, to my surprise, our appliances had been installed.
Does that scream "Almost finished!" to anybody else?!


Kitchen with granite and appliances installed.
Hardware yet to be installed on the cabinets/drawers.

Pantry door and interior shelving installed.

Look at that beautiful sink, granite, and faucet.  Love it so much.

Surprise!  Appliances installed.  I didn't expect that at all.

The door on the left is to the mud room/laundry room (with access to the garage),
and as you can see, the toilet and pedestal sink were installed in the bathroom.
On the right are the stairs leading to the second floor.

View coming down the stairs into the living room.
What a nice construction door. ;)

My pride and joy.
Our custom master walk-in shower is finished.
It's the biggest shower I've ever seen.

View from living room.
Front door and entryway,
on the left you can just see the entrance to our dining room,
and on the right is the kitchen.

Our beautiful front door being stained.
I'm in love, I'm in love, and I don't care who knows it!*

One half of our finished basement.
This is really weird because the paint looks olive green in these pictures,
but in person it's more of a charcoal grayish-brown.

I love the view out of my kitchen window.
We were able to keep that amazing tree and fully plan on decking it out with Christmas lights.
Won't that be a beaut?!

Look!  Running water!

Like I said before, toilet and pedestal sink were installed.
Again, that's beauty to my eyes.
Obviously, there are still a few paint touch-ups that need to be tended to.

Stairs were carpeted and banister was installed.  Love the wrought iron.

They are working on wrapping the posts on our wraparound porch.
Beautifying them, basically.
It is so exciting to see the progress we have made.
I will have to post the pictures we've been taking throughout the entire building process, so you can see them start to finish.

What do you think?

*Name that movie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I cannot wait to have a house to decorate. My apartment is far too small. :)
Sydney

Natasha L'nei said...

Your house is beautiful!

*Elf :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio