Tuesday, December 13, 2011

in moving limbo

Right now I'm feeling kind of stuck in moving limbo.
We don't have a LOT of stuff, 
and we've already packed up most of our excess junk.
So I am feeling this pull and tug in opposite directions,
one side saying, 
"PACK EVERYTHING NOW!  
You're going to regret it later if you don't!"
the other side saying, 
"Whoa, whoa, whoa.  You may need that."
This is also why I am bad at packing for trips.  
I go through the same inner turmoil.

We only have one week before closing.  That's right, we're moving a week from today!  Eek!  Before Luke left for work this evening* we decided that we're going to just pack up our entire kitchen and eat out for the rest of our meals until we move.  Doesn't sound so bad to me. ;)
So that's next on the agenda, pack up the kitchen ENTIRELY.

Also, we are moving from a 1400 sq. ft. house to a 2500 sq. ft. house, so we're definitely going to be needing some more furniture and just more things in general to fill the space.
My mind is in overload, and oh yeah, it's almost Christmas.
That's almost beside the point this year. Well, not really.  
I just haven't had a lot of time to think about it.
I can't wait until we are all moved in.  The actual moving day makes my mind freak out, so I try not to think about it too much.  

One step at a time... Breathe in, breathe out.



*January 10th, Luke gets to switch back to NORMAL hours.  Yes folks, he's going to be sleeping at night like regular people do.  He has been on an overnight schedule on and off for the past three years, so we are elated that he gets to go back to his afternoon shift (1 p.m. to 11 p.m.).

3 comments:

Laura Grittner said...

I love reading your blog posts!! So excited for the new move!

Courtney said...

Thanks Laura! You're sweet. Love hearing that.

Jessica Friend said...

Somehow, you will find out you have a lot more stuff than you thought. We moved from a 600 sq. ft. house (yes, you read correctly) to a 2400 sq. ft. house and it filled up fast, just with stuff we already had! I don't know how we managed to live in such a small house with all that stuff!

It's fun to buy new furniture though!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio