Thursday, April 22, 2010

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

Today my heart is broken for my friend.  I received an email that said my friend Dave's dad passed away from cancer last night around 7:45pm.  Only three weeks ago did they even find out he had cancer.  They gave him two weeks to two months to live.  Dave and his fiancée Jill were supposed to get married in June and moved the wedding up to April 17th to ensure Dave's dad could be there.  All I can say is, thank you Jesus that he was able to make it to the wedding, because now, 5 days later he is gone.  Dave said that his dad's last good day was the day of the wedding.  He asked his dad the next day if he enjoyed the wedding, and he replied, "absolutely."  Dave also mentioned that his dad lived long enough to ask him how he enjoyed married life. Life's little blessings.  Things we would normally take for granted.  


My Papa passed away on September 4th of last year.  Wow, almost 8 months ago.  It makes me want to say, Oh life, how can you be so cruel?  I wasn't ready for him to go.  And I am sure that Dave wasn't ready to lose his dad at this young age.  (He had just turned 50 earlier this month.) God has a plan.  That is my comfort.  God has a plan.  He knows what He is doing.  And also, we have to be happy that there is no more pain for Dave's dad and my Papa.  


Thank you Jesus for comforting us in these times of great emotional pain.  You give us the strength to get through it all.  To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.


Love, CK

1 comments:

CLK said...

so true court. it really is heart breaking

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio