Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ouch.

      Yesterday morning, I woke up with a headache and a sore breast and popped some Advil.  Didn't think much of it.  Hopped in the car about an hour later with Haven and drove to the eye doctor to pick up some contacts.  Went in, grabbed the contacts, got back in the car.  

Here's where the trouble started.... 

       As I was driving home I felt like my headache was coming back, felt really cold (even though it was 75° out), and then I started feeling woozy.  I had to really concentrate on the road to get home.  I called Luke and told him he needed to come home asap.  The second I got home I threw on some sweatpants, a hoodie, and socks and hopped under the covers.  I was freezing by this point, shaking pretty badly, and had body aches all over.  Luke came home and took Haven to his parents so I could writhe in pain without a baby trying to grab my attention.  I threw up twice before I took my temperature which registered at 103.1.  At this point I thought, "Hmmmm, maybe the doctor wouldn't be such a bad idea?!"  I couldn't get ahold of Luke so I called my bff Ashlee and asked her to take me to the walk-in clinic. 


       After dealing with an annoyed looking receptionist, we waited for about 10 minutes before they called my name.  I told them all my symptoms, they weighed me (yuck), and took my temp.  I tried to get it across that I was in quite a bit of pain by this point.  When the doctor finally came in I think he realized how bad I was feeling, because he was being very sympathetic.  He looked me over, and sure enough, he told me I had mastitis.  A painful infection that breastfeeding mothers get.  (Now I know I am getting that disgusted look from some of you thinking Haven is too old for that.  Well you'll be happy to hear the doctor thinks I got it from weaning so drastically!)  So the doc gave me an anti-nausea shot, let me take a short nap in the office (that's service!), and sent a prescription for some antibiotics over to the pharmacy.  Ash and I went and picked up the prescription and some ice cream and then she dropped me off at home.  The good friend award definitely goes to Ashlee!


        I woke up not feeling the best this morning, but am definitely on the mend now.  I even exercised today.  I'll be back to normal by tomorrow I think.  Thanks to everybody that called and texted me yesterday.  Hopefully the TLC from L will keep on comin. ;) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio